Friday, December 19, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

"A day late and a dollar short"... isn't that the saying?

[1] Fortunately, we're not a dollar short these days despite the tough economic times. We've got enough dollars to pay the bills and feed the family with a little leftover for dinner out at Wendy's and some Christmas presents. Gotta be thankful for THAT!

[2] Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! It's SNOWING! And, I LOVE the snow! I hope it stays for the weekend so the kids and I can get out there and build some competition-grade snow sculptures. Last year it was a lawn-sized stegosaurus. Wonder what Olivia will have us make this year. I'm so happy and thankful for the snow... on a Friday so I don't have to drive the kids to school in it! (Double happiness bonus! Thinking about snow sculptures reminds me of the good old days and our blue-ribbon sand sculptures at Crane Beach, Ipswich, MA.)

[3] I wish I had a fireplace in my home so I could light a log, curl up with a hot cocoa and watch a good movie... Unfortunately, I don't! But, 2 out of 3 ain't bad! And, I'm mighty thankful for THAT much!

[4] Ever hear of Blue Cottage Crusades, Ltd.? (Maybe it should be called Beat-up, Old Blue Cottage Crusades - LOL) That's the name of my soon-to-be internet business. Haven't actually opened the cyber-doors but the name is now officially registered to ME by the State of NY and the Federal Government! Scary but COOL! I'm just thankful for the opportunity to try my hand at a new business venture. I'll keep you all posted. I'm sure it'll be the topic of much happiness (and heartache but that's not what this blog is about).

[5] I'm soooo thankful that I finally got my Christmas letter written and 90% of my Christmas cards addressed and stamped. Now, I just have to drop them in the mailbox. If you know me, you're probably thinking that could take 6 months! But not this year! Most of you should expect to see them before Christmas. A few (overseas) might take a bit longer... but they're coming! For those not yet on my list: Have a happy and healthy Holiday Season and a prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment