Thursday, March 26, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Hmmmm....

[1] I'm so thankful that this tonsilectomy/adenoidectomy surgery is finally going to be BEHIND us! And, hopeful that it'll be a quick and painless recovery with everything turning out okay. (read: I get to sleep through the night along with the boys!) Then, I'll be able to move on to the rest of our lives without constantly thinking, blogging and worrying about these 2 hours of surgery.

[2] I'm glad you can't flunk Weight Watchers. Haven't stepped on the scale lately and Friday's are my weigh-in day... Fortunately, I'll be missing my meeting tomorrow. Just as well. Not sure I did so well this week with all the stress eating going on. Can you say "Cadbury chocolate eggs"? I guess I'll suffer the consequences next week.

[3] I'm thankful that my nephew's tachycardia is not life-threatening (per the surgeon). And, I'm hopeful that the second time's a charm. The poor kid has to go through it again. Jimmy could use all the prayers he can get on 4/1.... Thanks, in advance.

[4] I'm happy my hubby finally got the wainscoting cap-trim nailed on and the vanity kick plate installed yesterday. Slow and steady wins the race. Right? The building inspector might not agree but at least he was sympathetic to our situation and gave us a sort of extension yesterday when he popped in for a surprise visit to see how much progress we made against our still-pending 2003 building permit. All I can say is, "We're working on it!"

[5] I'm thankful there's less than 3 months left to summer vacation. NO MORE MATH! I just don't think I can stand much more of the struggle we have every night over Olivia's math homework.

Well, it's prep time for tomorrow's surgery. Wish us luck and/or keep us in your prayers. BTW, I'm truly thankful for this outlet and for all the "listeners" here that I know and don't know. A heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment