Friday, February 27, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY - On Friday

[1] Boy am I thankful blogging isn't a paying gig. Otherwise, I'd be broke. At least when I don't post I don't get docked any pay! Sorry for the absence but it's been "one of those" weeks.

[2] I'm thankful that my Aunt Dolly's memory loss is "not serious" per Psych-MD we met with today at the Neuwirth Memory Disorder Clinic at Hillside Hospital (part of North Shore-LIJ). We'll be working to get to the cause but for now, he's certain she won't be wandering down to the corner at midnight in her nightgown or not remembering her name. This is a huge relief to everyone... but most especially for her.

[3] I'm thankful that the yesterday's CPSE meeting to determine how we will educate the boys for the 2009-2010 school year is over and that the outcome is exactly what everyone wanted. The boys will be attending BCCS at Marcus Avenue again next year. Participating in the 4-year-old program in an integrated classroom just like they have now. Sure there was one little surprise. I was also presented with the idea that maybe the boys should be split up into two different classrooms next September for reasons I don't necessarily agree with but won't go into in this post (maybe later). Fortunately, it didn't need to be decided right then and there so I agreed to take it under consideration. Which means I'll investigate, research, get 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions and get back to the group before the end of this school year.

[4] BUT, MOST, MOST, MOST of all, I am absolutely, incredibly thankful that my nephew [and his mother and father] got through his heart surgery without a hitch this week. All went well. "He was never in any danger during the procedure." And, they believe they found and eradicated the problem and he's home and on the mend even as we speak. Welcome home Jimmy!

[5] I'm thankful for today's amazing medical technology. Not all that long ago, my nephew's tachycardia would have been monitored with no way to actually fix the problem except through open-heart surgery. Today, medical technology is so advanced that they can correct his heart problems without ever touching a scalpel to his flesh. Who would have thought that yesterday's video-game-playing kids would be grow up to become today's expert laser surgeons. So, there's one upside to the whole video game generation!

No comments:

Post a Comment