Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Down Syndrome Awareness -- 31 for 21 -- "God Doesn't Make Mistakes"

A new-found friend and Co Mom-of-a child-with-DS Blogger, Tracey at http://thevelander4.blogspot.com/, shared this on her blog. And, though I generally prefer to create content on my own versus just circulating other folks' content, I thought this was worth repeating. So, for all of you who happen to read my blog but haven't seen this on Tracy's, here are some invaluable words of wisdom she received when her T21 angel joined her family. I've borrowed this with her permission to share with you:

A reminder that God doesn't make mistakes.

"As a small group of political and church leaders look on,
Jesus lifts a mentally handicapped child out of her high chair, kisses her and sits her on his knee. He dips a crust of bread in wine and feeds it to her, morsel by morsel.


As he does so, Jesus says:"I know what you are thinking. You need a sign. What better one could I give than to make this little one whole and new?
I could do it; but I will not.
I am the Lord and not a conjurer.
I gave this mite a gift I denied all of you -- eternal innocence.
To you she looks imperfect
But to me she is flawless,
Like the bud that dies unopened or the fledgling that falls from the nest to be devoured by ants. She will never offend me, as all of you have done.
She will never pervert or destroy the work of [my] hands.
She is necessary to you.
She will evoke the kindness that will keep you human.
Her infirmity will prompt you to gratitude for your own good fortune...More!
She will remind you that every day I am who I am, that my ways are not your ways and that the smallest dust mote whirled in the darkest space does not fall out of my hand...

I have chosen you.
You have not chosen me.
This little one is my sign to you.
Treasure her!"


And I say, "Amen!!!!" I wish the whole world could see how our children with Down syndrome are an absolutely beautiful and flawless gift to this world! Thanks Tracy!

1 comment: