Friday, July 10, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY -- On Friday

I know, late again. Used to be I was only ever fashionably late at 15 minutes and counting. Nowadays, I consider myself lucky if I'm only a day late. You should see my To Do List, I've got things on there that are 6 months overdue... and I'm being kind (to myself). No kidding!

I used to be so good at checking off absolutely every task on a daily basis and locking my office door at the end of the day knowing I'd completed EVERYTHING on my list. Now, I'm thankful there's still a list... an unfinished list means that I must be out enjoying life and no longer driven by the task master (Beast that she is/was... I know her name and it is me!) And, that means I still have a job (as a SAHM). I don't see any one else stepping up and ain't no one touchin' the stuff on THAT list. It's nice to be needed... Wanted, even. So, what else am I thankful for?

[1] My husband. For the calm and peaceful and faithful man that he is.
[2] For a nice, quiet run along Mill river this morning.
[3] For a sunny and fun-filled afternoon feeding the ducks and playing in the kiddie pool. No, not me, the boys and the old soul.
[4] I am unbelievably thankful that it's Friday. No school for the boys for 2 days. My kids and I all need the break. (Whatever happened to summer's OFF?) I'm looking forward to sleeping in --if only for a half an hour with my luck -- making my famous chocolate-chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, giving leisurely baths to all 3 kids and hanging out all day here at home... in the yard... the pool... the sprinkler... the slip-n-slide... the treehouse... having good old-fashioned summertime fun.
[5] I'm grateful I still have friends that invite me and my brood for festivities. This weekend is slated to be an enjoyable series of get-togethers with great old friends... and I am soooo looking forward to it. I love my friends and I miss seeing them on a regular basis! I'm sure we're in for a lot of great laughs.

Hope you all have as good a weekend as I have planned.

1 comment:

  1. Ah well, any day is a good day to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete