Thursday, July 2, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY

[1] I'm thankful for the gift of sight and hearing. As I run down by the river each morning, I'm lulled into a peaceful state of mind with the physical beauty of nature all around me and the sounds of the birds, Canadian geese, squirrels, rustling leaves, water trickling... even the train whistle in the distance. Absolutely beautiful. And, I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy these things!

[2] I'm thankful for all the wonderful animals in the world... especially, this morning, for those animals that grace us with their loyal companionship. I have 2 wonderful and loving dogs and 2 very interactive and abiding cats. All GREAT companions and protectors of my children, husband and myself. We're also dog sitting for a HUGE dog that is an absolute all-around pleasure and an even bigger dog greeted me happily on my run this morning -- he on his morning dog walk with his cat and owner in tow. What a great and loving world our pets make for us. Isn't it?

[3] I'm grateful for the peace of the early morning. It's my time to think, be peaceful and to listen to my favorite music (the guitar picking in the "Til Hell Freezes Over" rendition of the Eagles' "Hotel California" just blows my skirt up!)








[4] I'm more than appreciative that my children are finally coming to that age where they can entertain themselves for a bit in the am to let me enjoy this peaceful time.






[5] I'm glad I live in the suburbs of such a phenomenal and extraordinary city as NYC! It is truly one of the most interesting and exciting places in the world! And, I love being so near it (just 20 miles outside the midtown tunnel!). Today for our stay-cation, I think, we're headed to the USS Intrepid Air & Sea Museum docked over on the West side and then maybe a quick trip to the Central Park Zoo.


Pray hubby's back holds out for all the excitement!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, can I say I'm so jealous you live so close to NYC. And you have identical twins with T21, how lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete