Thursday, January 22, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY - On Diet & Exercise

I'm not thankful, today or the last 3 days, for the number on my bathroom scale. I tried, truly, and lost nothing! NOTHING! I ate healthy 5-point breakfasts and lean 3-point lunches for 2 weeks... And, THAT'S my reward? NOTHING? That said...

[1] I am very thankful that I have the opportunity, intelligence, determination and jutzbah to get on the elliptical trainer and work out ANYWAY! I know intellectually it's not just about that number! (Even if emotionally it MAJOR-LEAGUE bums me out!) And, though I don't know why the number didn't budge (DARN IT), I'm going to look at the bright side of my experience these past 2 weeks.

[2] So, I'm also thankful that 2 weeks of exercise made my body feel so much less old. Read: I wasn't limping and hunched over with 46-year-old body aches and pains when I got out of bed in the morning. THAT'S HUGE! I'm more limber and pain-free thanks to the work-outs.

[3] I'm also thankful that the past 2 weeks of exercising diligently was a good start to a good habit. It feels like a routine already (instead of a battle).

[4] And, the good habit of exercising also made me want to eat better and keep track of my food intake. THAT'S also a big deal for me. After all, we are what we eat.

[5] Finally, all that exercising (not that much, really... just 30-45 minutes/day for 5 days/week) and eating right has made me WANT to continue. Even energized me maybe to do a little more....

Maybe.

Just for today, I WON'T get on my scale so I can feel happier! If I feel happier, I am happier! Works for me. Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment