Monday, January 12, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY - On Monday

They say, "Old habits die hard". So, what do they say about bad habits? Well, I seem to have come into a new, and not-so-good habit of not blogging. The best way I know to kill a bad habit is to replace it with a new and positive one. So, there you have it. Along with my 2009 resolution to exercise (which I've been keeping), I resolve to blog. That said, my morning elliptical work out will be followed by a quick blog session... That should cover 5 days a week with time off when the kids are sick (as they won't give me 5 minutes peace at the keyboard). Excuses made... here's what I'm thankful for today!

[1] My mother, her husband, my Dad, and my siblings! They have been supportive and loving and there for me when the chips are down. Thankfully, they all have their own lives and live them to the fullest. But, when push comes to shove, my family has always been behind me, beneath me, beside me... holding me up and offering whatever help they can to get me back on solid ground. How they do that has always been just right too. Not rescuing, not saving, no strings attached. Just supporting! That IS what family is all about! And, I love my family for it!

[2] I'm thankful that we all have choices in life! We get to choose to live down our demons, drop our baggage at the curb, and face our skeletons hiding in our closets. It's not always easy, but it's always good! I am not so much a product of my past as I am a product of my present choices.

These are two extraordinary things I've got to be thankful for. I don't want to crowd them with other less poignant thoughts right now. Yes, of course I'm thankful for lots of other things -- my kids, husband, pets, home, hubby's job, good health -- to name a few. But, just for today, I feel so thankful for these two above, I'd like them to stand alone! Have a great day. I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment