Saturday, April 4, 2009

PLEASE Let the Recovery End!!!

Did I say things would get back to normal this week? SOOOO wrong!
Sorry to be so incommunicado but our recovery seems to have gone south... way south. After a beautiful surgical experience last Friday, the boys slowly but steadily slid into a state of dehydration. By Monday night, we found ourselves in the ER with both boys receiving IV fluids. It is, apparently, routine procedure for patients entering the ER with a fever, to have a chest x-ray... Thank God. We inadvertently discovered that Brian had pneumonia. So, Daddy got to take Michael home at 4:00 am while I went upstairs to Pediatrics with Brian. After 3 solid days and nights of poking and prodding and too many bags of fluids and antibiotics, Brian bade farewell to the nursing staff at SNCH. He went home with lots of bruises from multiple IV pokes and a serious case of white coat hypertension.

We are all finally on the mend though not in the clear yet. Brian's still being force-fed fluids to prevent a repeat performance. I have learned all too well that it is true, "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink."... You also can't make a kid swallow no matter how hard you try.

And, no matter how hard I try, there does not seem to be any time for me to get back to my regular blog schedule. As such, though I will try, I apologize for being so lost in space these past two weeks and again, in advance, for my absences these next two weeks while the boys, hopefully, complete their recoveries and get on to the benefits we were promised as a result of the surgery.

Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment