Thursday, April 30, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY

[1] Boy am I thankful that I've never had poison ivy before and that I have a contained "infection" because it's a real pain in the.... arm -- which is where I have it. Must have picked it up with the garbage during our beach clean-up on Earth Day last week. But, seriously, I'm thankful it's a very VERY mild case, that my daughter didn't get it, and that it seems to be receding already (knock wood). I'm also glad they make calamine lotion with anti-itch cream now too! I'm in the pink! Yeah!

[2] I'm thankful to be back on my "normal" schedule with the kids in school. Now to motivate myself again to get moving on the home improvement projects that STILL need doing around the house (I mean, what am I waiting for.... Extreme Home Makeover to call? LOL)

[3] I'm thankful for all the improvements and advances we're seeing in Brian and Michael, post-tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. Teachers, therapists and parents (us) have all noted a big difference in their ability to attend, participate and follow directions and in the frequency and articulation of their speech. We also noticed a significant increase in happiness (if it's even possible to be more happy than they already were)! It seems like they're going through their day with their eyes wide[r] open. Definitely worthwhile after all! Hooray for Brian and Michael!

[4] I'm grateful to have been graced with these beautiful little boys in my life. We just celebrated their 4th birthday this week and my husband and I could not be more thankful that Brian and Michael were gifted to us. I've never received a more beautiful and giving gift!

[5] And, I couldn't say that (#4 above) without recognizing my beautiful Olivia and how blessed I am to have her in my life too! She is my soul mate! She's great company, an interesting conversationalist and we love doing the same kinds of things together. (Both creative, tree-hugging outdoors[wo]men!) We're planning a summer full of fun including kayaking, snorkeling, boogie boarding, sand sculpting, bike riding, zoo-ing and much more. I can't wait... I'm so glad I got her as my daughter. I definitely hit the jackpot.

[Bonus Thanks] I'm thankful that my sister spurred me to start walking in the morning (and I spurred her). Though I am reluctantly dragging myself out of bed at 5:15am to do it, that happens to be my most favorite time of day (once I get going) and I end up feeling great all day long knowing I've already fit something good for me into my day. Thanks Patti!

No comments:

Post a Comment